HighJump Software, a 3M company, a global leader in providing highly adaptable, best-of-breed supply chain execution solutions, today announced the release of HighJump Labor Advantage. HighJump Software designed its next-generation labor management system to meet the needs of customers with complex labor tracking requirements. HighJump Labor Advantage compiles real-time performance data to enable customers to plan and measure labor activities throughout their distribution facility, thereby helping increase efficiency and reduce costs. HighJump Software retail customer, Sport Chalet, has selected the solution to optimize labor utilization in its Ontario, Calif., facility.
HighJump Labor Advantage allows customers the flexibility to select among engineered, discrete and historical standards. The solution features objective measurement of employee performance to highlight those whose work consistently exceeds the standard selected, as well as employees who need assistance. In addition, visibility tools provide real-time performance data versus a standard, key volume indicators (KVIs) and employee utilization statistics, allowing customers to enhance efficiency or plan improvements.
HighJump Labor Advantage is available as a module in the HighJump Supply Chain Advantage suite. Like all HighJump solutions, HighJump Labor Advantage is built on the company's adaptable platform to help ensure tight integration, ease of business process change and real-time information sharing. This new solution features the same intuitive user interface, set of adaptability tools and core database as all suite components. These system commonalities enable customers to build on their existing proficiency with other HighJump applications, thereby reducing training time and maintaining information integrity.
Key features of HighJump Labor Advantage include:
- Direct and indirect labor tracking - Accounts for all time spent during the workday to determine labor requirements accurately; identifies where productivity improvements can reduce cost by tracking indirect labor.
- Multivariable based standards - Creates accurate time values for every activity based on standards and variables unique to the customer's organization; supports engineered, discrete and historical standards.
- Travel path creation and XYZ coordinate mapping - Generates accurate travel times based on distance traveled and equipment used.
- Personal time, fatigue and delay allowance - Incorporates allowances for realistic employee expectations, configurable by warehouse, department and/or shift.
- Role-based security - Regulates access to performance data based on roles and management approval. Managers and supervisors can have access to their group's data and individual employees can check their historical performance records.
- Performance, KVI and utilization reporting - Includes real-time access and analysis capabilities for performance statistics. Users can drill down to department/shift/individual activity over time to spot trends and understand the root data used for statistics.
"We've selected HighJump Labor Advantage to maximize the benefits we've achieved with our existing HighJump Supply Chain Advantage suite applications," said Steve Belardi, vice president of logistics, Sport Chalet. "We believe this solution will have an immediate impact on our ability to increase labor efficiency, reduce costs and keep morale high."
"HighJump Labor Advantage is noteworthy from several standpoints," said Chris Heim, president, HighJump Software. "Not only does it help customers reduce costs by effectively managing and planning labor, but it also supports supply chain-wide optimization efforts by integrating seamlessly into the HighJump Supply Chain Advantage suite."
About HighJump Software, a 3M Company
HighJump Software, a 3M company, is a global leader in providing highly adaptable, best-of-breed supply chain execution solutions that streamline manufacturing and distribution from the point of source through consumption. HighJump Software's integrated solutions empower operational excellence in the warehouse and optimize the flow of inventory throughout the supply chain by facilitating collaboration with customers, suppliers and trading partners. These solutions combine robust, standard functionality; a best practices-based implementation methodology; and a uniquely adaptable architecture that facilitates fast, cost-effective system modifications. As an independent subsidiary in the 3M family of companies, HighJump Software leads the supply chain execution software industry in financial strength and delivers on an unmatched commitment to innovation and quality. For more information about HighJump Software, visit www.highjump.com.
About 3M - A Global, Diversified Technology Company
Every day, 3M people find new ways to make amazing things happen. Wherever they are, whatever they do, the company's customers know they can rely on 3M to help make their lives better. 3M's brands include Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate, Scotch-Brite, Filtrete, Command and Vikuiti. Serving customers in more than 200 countries around the world, the company's 69,000 people use their expertise, technologies and global strength to lead in major markets including consumer and office; display and graphics; electronics and telecommunications; safety, security and protection services; health care; industrial and transportation. For more information, including the latest product and technology news, visit www.3M.com.
3M, Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate, Scotch-Brite, Filtrete, Command, Vikuiti and HighJump are trademarks of 3M.
HighJump Software, a 3M CompanyPublic Relations:Katie Wolfe, 952-563-5297http://www.3m.com/PressContact