1/31/03 2:00 am CST
ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--For running enthusiasts, winter doesn't mean being stuck indoors
watching the six o'clock news from a treadmill. Many runners bundle up
to brave the cold and take to the streets in the winter, but do they
think about visibility?
3M Scotchlite reflective material is available on active wear to help
running enthusiasts help to be seen and give them stylish choices.
One of the latest fashions featuring Scotchlite reflectivemore...
1/21/03 2:00 am CST
ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--3M (NYSE:MMM) today announced its sales and profit results for the
fourth quarter and calendar year 2002.
The company reported fourth quarter net income of $511 million, or $1.29
per share, versus $381 million, or $0.96 per share, in the fourth
quarter of 2001. Excluding non-recurring items (a) in the fourth quarter
of 2001, net income increased 31.8 percent from $387 million in the
year-earlier quarter. Required changes in goodwillmore...
1/7/03 2:37 am CST
ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--3M announced today that it will acquire NEC Corp.'s 25 percent interest
in Sumitomo 3M Limited for 45 billion Japanese Yen (approximately $375
million U.S. dollars). Upon completion of the cash transaction, 3M's
interest in the joint venture will increase from 50 percent to 75
percent, with the remaining 25 percent owned by Sumitomo Electric
Industries Ltd., (SEI). The acquisition is expected to close Jan. 8,