SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association, today announced the winners of the New Products Showcase Awards held at the 2013 SEMA Show. The event recognizes the most cutting-edge automotive products either on the market or about to hit the market. This year, more than 2,000 new products were submitted for consideration.
3M took home the top honors in the Collision Repair and Refinish Product category for the innovative new 3M™ Body Protection System.
Criteria that ranked high on the judges' selection for the New Product Showcase Awards included superiority of innovation, technical achievement, quality and workmanship, consumer appeal and marketability.
The new 3M Body Protection System is reinventing how repair technicians match textured finishes found on today’s vehicles for rock protection and sound deadening. The innovative 3M Body Protection System helps painters spray high viscosity textured finishes with fine, medium, coarse and splattered patterns.
The technology behind the 3M Body Protection System includes the 3M™ Accuspray™ HGP Spray Gun with a pressurized inlet and 3M™ PPS™ Type H/O Mini Pressure Cup, the 3M™ Rocker Protector Pouch, and 3M™ Paintable Undercoating Pouch. The 3M Rocker Protector Pouch is available in 3-ounce and 5.5-ounce sizes, and the 3M Paintable Undercoating Pouch is available in 5.5-ounce size.
The 3M Body Protection System solves a major pain point for automotive professionals, and gives them a tool for greater productivity, including;
- Ability to adjust pressures and spray pattern, allowing for better match to OEM textures.
- Ability to cut in half application time of textured finishes to rocker panels, wheel wells and undercarriages in many cases.
- The pressurized 3M Accuspray spray gun allows the product to be sprayed at any angle making it easier to reach lower rocker sections and inside wheel wheels.
- The painter can easily adjust the spray pattern to reduce overspray and masking.
- Painters can easily achieve a perfect texture match, which contributes to improved repair quality and higher CSI scores.
- The pouch sizes allow estimators and repair technicians to attribute exact product usage to each job, improving the job costing on estimates.
- The 3M Accuspray system reduces cleanup time and virtually eliminates the need for solvents.
For more information on the 3M Body Protection System, visit www.3mcollision.com/bodyprotection, contact 1-877-MMM-CARS, your local 3M Distributor or 3M Sales Representative, visit the website at www.3MCollision.com and “Like” 3M Collision on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/3MCollision.
About SEMA and the SEMA Show
The SEMA Show is a trade show produced by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a nonprofit trade association founded in 1963. Since the first SEMA Show debuted in 1967, the annual event has served as the leading venue bringing together manufacturers and buyers within the automotive specialty equipment industry. Products featured at the SEMA Show include those that enhance the styling, functionality, comfort, convenience and safety of cars and trucks. Additional details are available at www.SEMAShow.com or www.SEMA.org, 909/396-0289.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M, Accuspray and PPS are trademarks of 3M Company.
|Connie S. Thompson
||Deborah Robinson |
|3M Public Relations